In a world where you are constantly told who you are not, or who you should be, cover yourself in the truth of who you are in Christ!
Fourteen powerful words based on Biblical truths transform your quilting time. Draw closer to the Lord as you meditate on God’s Word while using your creative gifts and skills. This project is perfect for anyone desiring to know God’s pursuit of us! Bless others in need of His love, forgiveness, and grace with this quilt as a gift, praying over them as you make it.
Full size appliqué templates included. Scripture references defining our identity in Christ are included in the pattern. This unique project joins crafting with Biblical study. Finished size is 61” x 59 ½”.
Read the story behind the Covered in Truth quilt on the Quiltimonials page.
Distributors of pattern
Possible Class/Block of the Month
The purpose of this quilt is not necessarily speed, so I think it would be great for a class or block of the month. Possible class format:
Prep Work – Have word background quilt “A Blocks” cut out.
- Welcome and opening prayer
- Introduce one word per class
- Read over the key Bible verse
- Trace the word onto double stick fusible web
- Iron on the fusible web to the backside of the word’s fabric
- Cut out the letters for the word
- Layout the letters as desired and fuse in place to the background block
- While people are working on tracing, ironing, and cutting out the letters, have people take turns reading some of the Scripture references given in the Bible Study portion of my pattern and discuss the questions listed in the study
- Homework between classes would be to stitch down the letters by hand or machine
- Close in prayer
I would love people to draw closer to the Lord as they meditate on God’s word while using their creative gifts and skills. This project is perfect for anyone desiring to know God’s pursuit of us! I would love for people to bless others in need of His love, forgiveness, and grace with this quilt as a gift, praying over them as they make it.
I would love this project to be made with favorite colors of local quilt store owners/staff, letting this become a way to witness to customers when explaining the meaning behind the words in the quilt.
More about this quilt…